Stylish, powerful dual bay hard drive enclosure with USB3.0 and eSATA connectivity. The HornettekX2-Rack's disks are mounted in trays, which can be removed / inserted. This expands the functionality of the dual bay case, by allowing users to add disks for different requirements. The case is very made from aluminium, and has excellent cooling by way of a powerful fan. The fan may be switched off and on.
The dual bay case supports hard drives up to 3TB, and the disks may be set up in a variety of ways. RAID 1 - this mirrors the disks, so that you have a backup of one disk if one fails. RAID 0 - this is called striping, and combines the capacity of both (same sized) disks. Very fast data transfer, as the data is copied to both disks at the same time. No fault tolerance though. If one disk breaks, you lose all the data. JBOD - this combines the capacities of both disks. Normal - this treats both disks individually. You would get two drive letters on your computer. Please contact Storage Depot Ltd if you have any queries or would like to know more about this product.
Universal fitting for dual 3.5" SATA HDD
- USB3.0 and eSATA combo interface
- Mobile Rack Design (Removable HDD Tray)
- Hot-Swap removable design
- Supports HDD capacity up to 2x3TB
- Front panel Power ON/OFF switch
- Back panel Fan ON/OFF switch
- Support Hardware RAID function: Normal, JBOD, Raid 0, Raid 1
- Compatible with SATA I and SATA II specification
- Support SATA to USB 3.0 and eSATA specification
- Support USB 3.0 (5Gbps) & eSATA (3Gbps) data transfer
- 5cm internal fan (Can switch On/Off)
- Hi-Quality Shielded USB 3.0 Cable & eSATA Cable Ensures Data Integrity and Speed.
- Supports Windows 2000/XP/VISTA/7 and Mac systems